February 5, 2017

him & her: snowboarding

snowboarding


As you can probably tell from our recent post Curt & I were getting a little stir crazy being inside 24/7. We finally got out in the snow and did something fun!



H E R :

A little background: I've been snowboarding twice in my life and every time has been very unsuccessful. The first time I was 15 and could barely make it down the slope. The second time I was 20 and could barely make it down the slope.

So I didn't have high hopes for the third time.

I was so worried that I would be even worse this time and break something, but it wasn't too bad! I am not a fan of ski lifts. That's the scariest part for me for some reason. One time I waited to long to jump off and I honestly felt like I caught 20 ft of air when I finally jumped.

Curtis, however, is a Colorado snowboarding pro. Poor guy was trying to teach me, but kept saying "Just go straight!". I guess it's hard to teach someone when you learned how to snowboard when you were 8. He gets major points for trying though!


H I M :

I grew up snowboarding. Through my teens years we spent almost every Saturday up in the mountains on the slopes. As I have gotten older, and torn my ACL three times, hitting the ski hill has dwindled. These past few years I have been able to go a couple times to scratch the itch of interest.

The weather has finally calmed down so we were able to head up to Kelly Canyon. They have night skiing, so it was the perfect amount of time to enjoy it. Like Hannah said above, I am not the greatest teacher but Hannah still had fun. She has the bruises to show for it haha.

After snowboarding with friends, we hit up one of our favorite pizza joints, Heise Pizza Parlor. A perfect evening spent with friends and family!

If you're ever in the area check out the Kelly Canyon Ski Resort!

snowboarding
snowboarding
snowboarding


No comments :

Post a Comment