January 26, 2017

him & her: tv guide



So I have talked before about how I am not a fan of Winter. Here in Idaho the weather has not been above 30 degrees in months and it pains me to go outside. I don't spend all my days watching television, but sometimes I wish I could. I get attached to characters in TV, movies, and even books.



There are TV shows that I like, but for different reasons and in different situations. There's shows you've watched since you were a kid and others that you have to sit down and pay attention to. Some are a mix of comedy and drama and others are just plain dramatic.

We all love them for different reasons, but here are some favorites and when we watch them.


H E R :
Homework: 
Gilmore Girls (2000-2007) - Gilmore Girls is one of my favorite shows ever. It reminds me of when I was 11 and would watch reruns after middle school with my sisters. If you love fast dialogue, pop culture, and dynamic characters I would highly recommend. It's a classic!

Friends (1994-2004) - Yes, after all these years I am still watching Friends. This show will go down in history as one of the funniest, most comforting shows out there. I will never get sick of it.

Feeling Lazy:
Friday Night Lights (2006-2011) - At first I thought this show was a little boring, but when I gave it a chance I fell in love. It's less of a comedy and more of a small town drama. It's no secret that I'm not a huge fan of football, but the show is so much more than football. Texas forever!

Binge Watching: 
Grey's Anatomy (2005-present) - Okay back when I started watching Grey's in 2009 I was obsessed. Since then I have watched the whole series many times. It is so intense and kind of addicting to watch. So if you're interested in binge watching something I would recommend Grey's Anatomy.

New Favorite: 
This Is Us (2016-present) - I love This Is Us so much and it just started a couple months ago! The characters are well rounded and emotional, the episodes are the perfect mix of light hearted and heavy.

All Time Favorite: 
Parenthood (2010-2015) - I can easily say that Parenthood is my favorite show. It has everything that you could ever want. The story lines are not predictable, there is no repetition, and none of the characters annoy me. It also makes me tear up almost every episode! Which is partly because of the show and partly because I'm a cry baby.


H I M :

Cooking: 
Arrested Development (2003-present) -Arrested Development was one of those shows I remember my friends loved but I didn't really get into until recently. Being on Netflix, it has been nice to watch and have on in the background when cooking or doing other things. Its filled with humor that only some could appreciate. Like they say, there will always be money in the banana stand.

Feeling Lazy: 
Parks and Recreation (2009-2015) -I loved The Office, so I was worried that Parks and Rec would not get the job done. I had a hard time at first but once I stopped comparing them, I realized how awesome this show was. Ron Swanson is my favorite. Do yourself a favor and watch this show if you haven't yet.

Binge Watching:
Stranger Things (2016-present) - I was able to watch all of the episodes in one day because Hannah was out of town. Then I watched it again with her when she got back. It was awesome. I loved the 80's/ET feel. I am sure you have seen it or heard about it by now, if not, you've been living under a rock.

Breaking Bad (2008-2013) - This show was crazy. I watched is slowly over a year because it was pretty intense and there were some times I had to take a break from it. All in all, some amazing work and pretty freaking awesome.

Guilty Pleasure: 
The Bachelor (2002-present) - I remember thinking this show was ridiculous a couple years ago and the next thing I knew I had watched two seasons with my wife. I find myself very concerned for everyone on the show. It is not my proudest moment, but I have to own it. I also went to elementary school with Chase McNary. Nice guy!

All Time Favorite:
The Office (2005-2013) -Nothing trumps The Office. I will not reveal to you how many times I have watched the entire series. This show reminds me of my teenage years and I love that I can go back and watch old episodes. I still feel like Jim and Pam are married in real life. Also every time I watch the final episode I cry. It is normal now. The fact that it finally ended made it really hard for me... That's what she said.




1 comment :