February 16, 2017

him & her: valentine's day

 Valentine's Day seems to be one of those holidays that people either really love or truly hate.



H E R :

I understand how Valentine's Day can be stressful and at times disappointing.

Restaurants and movie theaters are always super crowded, and trying to dress up when it's freezing outside is certainly a challenge. On top of that, the materialistic nature of Valentine's Day can make everyone feel like they're not doing enough.

Valentine's Day doesn't have to be celebrated with a romantic partner. Even if you're single, the opportunity to adopt Leslie Knope's "Galentine's Day" tradition is one of the many reasons you should celebrate V-Day.

You shouldn't feel the pressure to go out and do something big. There's no shame in staying at home with a bag of candy watching a movie.

Obviously, I'm not suggesting you go out and blow your budget on something huge, because it's Valentine's Day.

If you have a partner, then you already know that you should try to show your appreciation for them daily. But life gets busy, and it's easy to take a good partner for granted. So use this day to show this person that you care.

Curtis and I had a pretty low key Valentine's Day this year. We just went out to dinner and saw a movie. We ate at Red Robin (because of the bottomless fries) and saw the movie Split. Not really a romantic movie, but still amazing. It was a great night!

As commercialized as Valentine's Day has become over the years, it's really all about celebrating love!



H I M :

Valentine's Day isn't a holiday I would necessarily say I cared for but Hannah does love it, so I have learned to love it too. Like she said it's a good time to express love for someone special.

We were talking about it yesterday driving home from our date. Seeing so many people post about their loved ones on social media, at times, might get old. 

Most people will tend to think it is annoying but Hannah brought up an interesting point. It's nice to see how all these people have love for someone and want to express it. It definitely changed my attitude on the subject of the day and it really is nice to see how happy everyone is.

I don't honestly remember Valentine's Day from my single days but it is nice to have someone to share it with now. I hope that everyone gets that chance, even if they have never been a fan of the holiday. 

I love knowing that my wife loves me all the time and it's nice to know it extra on Valentine's Day. I am very lucky to have her. She did a fun scavenger hunt for me around Rexburg detailing some of the first places we had been together. It was cute and very thoughtful.

I hope everyone had a good day, one way or the other. And it's never too late to celebrate a loved one, even if Valentine's Day is over!








No comments :

Post a Comment