February 12, 2017

her: i love idaho

Idaho

H E R :

This weekend some friends and I took a drive to a place called Swan Valley. There is a pass with a beautiful view of the mountains and water falls. We have come here a few times and it's still one of my favorite places in Idaho.



The best part is stopping to get square ice cream at this random gas station off the highway. It's called Rainey Creek Country Store and it's about 45 minutes south of Rexburg. I don't know why the shape makes it taste so much better than regular round ice cream...but it does. 

There wasn't anything particularly special about this Saturday afternoon trip to Swan Valley. We have visited this place and many other awesome places, especially this past summer and it has just helped me realize how beautiful and great this part of the US is. We live a pretty simple life with a lot of great perks.

(It just made me think about how I hope I haven't taken things for granted while living here.)

Right now I live walking distance from a temple. Curtis and I get to see/spend time together every day. I can ride my bike anywhere and feel totally safe. I live less than two hours away from places people travel to from across the world. And I get to see my sister whenever I want.

Now don't get me wrong I'm not saying that Idaho is perfect.  I could definitely do without the snow or negative temperatures. For the most part, the time that we have spent in Idaho has been pretty close to perfect.

As my final semester is coming to an end, I want to appreciate everything about this place before it's eventually time to go. 

This state is where I learned who I was, met my husband, and found my passions. This is where I made so many friends, visited multiple national parks, went to costa vida so many times I lost count.

It's hard to put into words how I feel about Idaho. Maybe I'm too sentimental for my own good.
Change is inevitable and I am definitely ready for it. I'm excited for whatever comes next for Curtis and I. 

I hope I can always remember the amazing memories I've had here.


Idaho
idaho
idaho
idaho
idaho
idaho
idaho
idaho
idaho
idahoidahoidaho
idaho
idaho
idaho
idaho

No comments :

Post a Comment