October 15, 2015

him & her II: yellowstoned

H E R

I have been attending BYU-Idaho since 2012 and the first time I ever visited Yellowstone was last weekend. 

A trip to Yellowstone is A LOT of driving. I would recommend bringing diet coke, snacks, and have a good playlist prepared. The scenery to and around the park was amazing. Through out the day we saw multiple moose, buffalo, and elk. [Don't try to get close to them, because they will move towards you a little bit and you will freak out.]

We stopped along the way at some waterfalls and mineral pools. I think the pools were my favorite part of the park. The water is so blue and the steam smells like egg salad. A lot of people didn't like
the smell, but I love egg salad. 

The last stop on our trip was Old Faithful. If I am being honest I was not grateful for Old Faithful. Maybe it's just me, but she was kinda anti-climactic. I feel almost unamerican saying that but when she went off it was just not impressive. 

All in all it was a great day in nature and I would advise anyone living in Idaho to make the trip to this National Park.


H I M

I have been to Yellowstone probably 5 or 6 times in my life. It never disappoints. On our last visit we went into the West Entrance and went to the Madison Junction and then down to Old Faithful. We made all the stops in between and had a blast. Seeing all the mineral pools, waterfalls and animal life was awesome. 

Weather can be hit and miss up in Yellowstone, but we got pretty lucky when we went. A clear day made for walking around a little more enjoyable. I would have to say that people who go to Yellowstone need to realize that it is a lot of in and out of your car. Just getting to the entrance from Rexburg takes just under 2 hours. So bring a car that has good gas mileage.

Old Faithful is obviously one of the main attractions in Yellowstone. I have seen it before so it wasn't anything new to me. It is fun to see the people who are seeing it for the first time. Their are lots of foreigners in Yellowstone and it's cool to think that people come from all over the world just to see this park that is so close to us. I think we take it for granted. Seeing people travel from everywhere helps you to better appreciate how awesome the earth is.

We love where we live and we love being so close to the first national park in America. 











No comments :

Post a Comment