October 12, 2015

him & her I: how to feel about fall


H E R

Every girl in America is posting a picture on Instagram of her holding a pumpkin and eating their weight in candy corn. I wish that I could say that I am unique and am not obsessed with fall just like every other female, but I would be lying.  

So why are girls so crazy about the Fall season? Let me paint a picture:

You have a Pumpkin Spice Latte (no coffee added of course) in hand and you have a thick, oversized sweater on. You're kicking around some leaves on the sidewalk as you carry home your pumpkin from the pumpkin patch. Earlier in the day, you went apple picking, and tonight, you're going to try to make it through the Straw Maze in less than two hours. Maybe when you get back you'll fall asleep watching Halloweentown.

You are obsessed with Fall.

1. Fall scented candles
2. Oversized apparel
3. Fall TV Shows
4. Changing leaves
5. No more shaving your legs
6. Blankets
7. Comfortable Cuddling
8. Hocus Pocus
9. Candy Corn
10. Pumpkin flavored everything

In my opinion there is no point in fighting it. Everyone loves this season and you should too.



H I M

There is no way I can compete with the length of content my wife just said above, but I can tell you why I like Fall and why you should like it too.

I think we are obsessed with fall because it’s a ton of American past times crammed into three months…football, picking apples, baking, Halloween, sweaters, harvest, Thanksgiving. Summer seems to be more laid back…where fall is food focused, family and friends centered—leading up to the holidays—it’s more sentimental.

For me, Fall is a way to help me appreciate the other seasons. Just when you start to get sick of the summer heat, fall comes to save the day. I love it here because we actually have 4 seasons. But the transition from summer to fall is my favorite because I love seeing the changing colors. The change is beautiful and makes the idea of colder weather a little more bearable.

Fall is full of fun activities including pumpkins patches, haunted houses and lots of hot chocolate runs. If you haven't learn to appreciate fall, I implore you to try. Go to the mountains, eat a pumpkin pie, find the changing leaves and enjoy. I know I certainly will.


No comments :

Post a Comment