November 11, 2015

him & her IX: guns go bang



H E R


When I moved to Idaho 3 years ago I knew I would be introduced to things that I did not grow up doing. Even though I'm from the South I never went hunting or even shot a gun for that matter. So that being said I still don't have a lot of experience shooting. I've been a handful of times while living in Rexburg and I am probably the worst. Every time we shoot skeet I miss and every time the gun kicks back and every time leaves a bruise on my shoulder. So I'm reluctant to even try these days.


I think that shooting guns by R mountain is just an experience that everyone should have while living here in Idaho. Some of us are really good and the rest are pretty terrible, but it's fun either way.


Tips: Always bring ear plugs and always look for unbroken clay pigeons on the ground.



H I M 


Growing up in Colorado I had the chance to shoot guns a few times for scouting activities growing up. Since living in Idaho I have had a lot more chances to do so. I got a shot gun for Christmas a few years back it is one of my favorite toys to this day. Back in my single days we would go shooting all the time. Head out to the desert and blow through the ammunition fast. That was an expensive hobby. 

In the last year I haven't been as much, but we still make it out a few times a year. I love shooting clay pigeons. I have progressively gotten better at it, the more I go. I have yet to go on an actual hunt and I am hoping to do that eventually. I didn't grow up with guns but I had friends who would go hunt with their dads and I always thought it was cool. Shooting guns has been a big part of my fun here in Idaho as I have bonded with friends. If you haven’t gone out to the desert and shot yet, find a local Idahoan and make them take you!












No comments :

Post a Comment