November 12, 2016

travel II: jackson



H E R : 

I don't care how many times we've been to Jackson it never gets old. I feel so lucky that we live close to one of the coolest National Parks in America. Jackson was so nice at this time I year with all the leaves changing and the crisp weather.

Our usual day trip routine when we go to Jackson is visit String Lake, Jenny Lake, and end with Jackson Lake. Sometimes we have room for Phelps Lake and the Taggart trail.

We always walk around the city contemplating buying some expensive fur and Patagonia wind breakers. But always end up getting Wendy's frostys because we're too cheap to buy Haagen Daz. 

We only eat dinner at Pinky G's. It's hard to try new things for dinner when we know we are obsessed with their pizza.

It's a great tradition that were happy to repeat as long as we can before we move away.


H I M :

Trips to Jackson have become a regular experience for us. Whether we went up to enjoy Teton National Park, to watch a Jackson Moose hockey game or to just enjoy a truly western town, it has always been a good time especially when its less than a 2 hour drive away.

This year was no exception. We purchased the National Parks annual pass so that we could go as much as we wanted and it was awesome! Summer was filled with hiking and pizza.

Our most recent trip was to go through the park, seeing the Fall colors and then enjoy a snowboard movie premier, The Fourth Phase. The main rider, Travis Rice, is from Jackson, along with a few others and the film crew. It was amazing. 

Every time I go to Jackson, I wish I had the money it takes to live there. I could definitely live there the rest of my life. If you haven't had a chance to visit or go through Teton National Park, I highly recommend and consider it a MUST on your bucket list.





No comments :

Post a Comment