November 29, 2016

him & her XXXVI: i smell snow





H E R :

The first snow has fallen in Idaho and I have mixed emotions. 

We lasted without snow until November 26th, which is the longest since 2012. For this I am grateful, because as soon as it snows it basically doesn't stop until the middle of March. 

Yeah I'm pumped to make a couple snow angels and buy some new beanies, but it's still daunting to think it will never end. (Or at least feel like it)

Right now I am just enjoying it while the Christmas season has begun and the snow is kind of a part of the holiday celebration. 

Curtis and I took some Christmas card pictures a couple days after the first snow fall. This always seems like a great idea, because the snow makes for pretty pictures, but wow was it freezing. And I'm not the kind of person who can just shake it off. 

I HATE being cold. It takes about 10 seconds of being outside, before I am in a bad mood and never want to leave the house again. 

Anyway, the pictures turned out good and I am so ready to turn in my notebook full of study guides and to do lists for eggnog and hallmark movies. Let the countdown to Christmas begin!


The Ultimate Christmas Playlist:
1. Holy, Holy, Holy- Surfjan Stevens
2. Do They Know It's Christmas Time- Band Aid
3. O Holy Night- Celine Dion
4. Someday At Christmas- Stevie Wonder
5. Happy Xmas (War is Over)- John Lennon
6. Mistletoe- Justin Bieber
7. Little Saint Nick- The Beach Boys
8. Grown-Up Christmas List- Amy Grant
9. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas- Judy Garland
10. Carol of the Bells- John Williams
11. Sleigh Ride- Carpenters
12. Underneath the Tree- Kelly Clarkson
13. Last Christmas- Jimmy Eat World
14. The Christmas Waltz- She & Him
15. The Christmas Song- Nat King Cole
16. Silver Bells- Dean Martin
17. I'll Be Home for Christmas- Frank Sinatra 
18. It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year- Andy Williams 



H I M :

Growing up in Colorado, we got plenty of snow and we loved playing in it. I guess back then, I was young and careless. Now, I worry about my car being stolen when I go outside to put the defrost on in the morning. How things change, haha.

Cold weather means holidays which means family time. Being married, I have two families now, so it is twice the fun. It truly is the most wonderful time of the year.

When I think about the seasons and changing weather, I used to just think about what it meant for my fun having. Since being married, it has become a reminder 4 times a year that my wife wants to take family pictures. With every new season, comes new photos. All husbands can attest.

Outside pictures in the cold and snow, yeah... no thanks. 

I have only been married 1.5 years but in this short time I have becoming much more aware of how to make this picture process faster. I used to complain and drag my feet, and it took forever. Now I just do what the boss (wife) says. I smile, I wear the outfit she gives me and I do it with a "positive" attitude. But by doing this, it gets done faster and that makes for one happy wife which makes for one happy life.

I enjoy the pictures after the fact, but am always glad when the photo shoot is over, especially when its snowing. Now that I got the pictures out of the way, I can start to enjoy the non-stop Christmas music and sugar cookies that await me. Happy Holidays to everyone!













No comments :

Post a Comment