October 26, 2016

travel I: indy

Last week I got the amazing opportunity to go to Indianapolis for a five day Public Relations Conference.

At BYUI we have a PRSSA (Public Relations Student Society of America) chapter where we meet once a week to learn more about PR from professionals, have the opportunity to volunteer, and network.

Every year there is a huge National Conference somewhere in the US and this year it was in Indianapolis. There were thousands of students there from tons of different universities.

I'm not gonna lie when I first heard that we were going to Indiana for the conference I was unsure. Honestly the only thing I knew about Indiana was stuff about Pawnee and that's not even a real place. But Indiana exceeded all my expectations even though Ron Swanson wasn't there.

So we flew in to Indiana from Idaho (6 am flight--not a fan) and got there around 2 pm. I loved the city from the moment we got there! Downtown was awesome and the whole city was so clean. I felt like it was a mini New York without all the garbage and sketchy people.

We spent the next three days going to seminars, dinners, and workshops. I felt like I learned so much! We were given a lot of chances to network as well as opportunities to get our resumes reviewed and meet with well known agencies. Some of the professionals tore our resumes apart, haha. But all in all it was an amazing experience and I would go back in a heart beat.

One of the professionals who I spoke to suggested that I take this personality test and put it on my resume. I was fascinated with how accurate the results were. So I would definitely recommend taking it if you want to know what kind of person you are and what job would be the most suitable for you.

On our last day we had the opportunity to tour the city a little more. We went to the Central Canal, War Memorial Plaza, and hung out at the capital. We also ate at some great places: First Watch, Giordano's, and Jack's Donuts. We also got everyone who came together on the last night to rent bikes and ride around the city. 

It was the coolest experience ever.














 








No comments :

Post a Comment