June 29, 2016

him & her XXV: distance makes the heart grow fonder

H E R :

This past week I got to go to California for the weekend with my best friend to visit my sister for our birthdays! It was such a great time!

I felt like we crammed a month's worth of stuff into 3 1/2 days: We visited the Venice canals and boardwalk, Hollywood Walk of Fame (where we met DJ Khaled), the Abandoned LA Zoo, the Griffith Observatory, The Grove, Santa Barbara beach and state street, and so many fun things! Not mention we ate the best food and desserts of our lives.

It was the perfect weekend getaway that made coming back to Idaho that much harder.

The only bummer was that Curtis wasn't there! It was hard to be separated from him for 5 days, but we have done it before. And I honestly think that distance really does make the heart grow fonder. Your relationship grows when you are able to miss each other from time to time.

Curtis & I usually don't text each other a ton when he's at work and I'm at school, but when were in different states I am glued to my phone.

Not in a bad way. I just want to know what he's doing...And who's he with...And where he is...

Okay that's bad! I get very attached when we are in different states. I think I am getting better, but hopefully we don't have to spend that many more days apart!











H I M :


Hannah had the chance to go to California this past weekend to have a birthday celebration with her two best friends. It looked like they were having a blast. But I was a little sad to not be able to celebrate it with her.

When Hannah left town, I didn’t really know what I would do. I ended up hanging out a lot with some of my buddies. I am so used to going everywhere with Hannah, so at times it felt pretty weird but I couldn’t waste away my weekend, we had to do something fun!

We ended up planning a day trip up to Jackson Hole on Saturday. We hiked up to one of our favorite lakes, Phelps Lake. It is a good 2 to 3 mile hike with a pretty amazing view and an awesome rock to cliff jump off of. 

After our hike, we headed back into Jackson Square and went to the best pizza place of all time, Pinky G’s Pizzeria. I suggest that you get either the Abe Froman or Godzilla pizza.

It was a fun weekend, but I was ready for Hannah to get home and I am glad she finally is. I told her no more vacations without me. Hopefully she takes me seriously. 





No comments :

Post a Comment