June 20, 2016

him & her XXIV: summer style

The birds are singing and the sun is out. It's officially summer. 

And with this new season upon us, brings new styles and trends. Some are good and some are definitely really bad. Once again, Curtis and I discussed our opinions of men and women's trends for the summer.



Huge Sunglasses



HIM: If looking like a bug is the cool thing in 2016, then most girls have it down. 

HER: I know that these kind of sunglasses look ridiculous, but they cover up most of your face which is so convenient.



White Sunglasses


HIM: I remember when I was like 15 years old I would rock white sunglasses. I don't have many regrets from my youth, but that is one of them. Not all of us can be Soulja Boy.

HER: I am so picky when it comes to men's sunglasses. They can't be too big or small and they definitely can't be white.



High Waisted Bikinis



HIM: An adult diaper. That is all.

HER: I'm not really a fan of bikinis, but I like anything high waisted.



Short Swim Trunks


HIM: This I can get behind. I think it's pretty fun and reminds me of the 90s.

HER: Okay I don't know when this trend started, but it makes me way uncomfortable.



Rompers



HIM: Some rompers are okay. They are like fancy overalls. 


HER: I love a cute romper over a swimsuit.



Man Tanks


HIM: I own a couple, but they hardly see the light of day. I should probably just take them to Salvation Army.

HER: No, no, no, no tank top should ever be worn by a boy.



Floppy Hats


HIM: I think these hats are actually cute on girls. I wouldn’t be opposed to Hannah rocking one.

HER: It depends on how floppy the hat and what kind of outfit you wear with it.




Fadoras



HIM: If you are wearing a fedora then I question your ability to understand what is acceptable or not. But to each his own. I wear bucket hats.

HER: Fact. No one looks fadorable in a fadora. 




Bright Lipstick



HIM: Although it may look fun, it's messy and I'm scared it's going to get all over my face.

HER: I love bright lipstick. Especially in the summer I love coral.




Macklemore Haircut


HIM: When I cut my hair, I do a very mild hairstyle like this. Few people can rock it with a very defined edge. 

HER: I like this haircut to a certain extent. The more dramatic it is the more I don't like it.

No comments :

Post a Comment