January 19, 2017

him & her: how to have a good day

Yes those are Christmas decorations up behind us! Man the past few weeks have been such a struggle to get back to reality. For most of us school is in full swing and were running around like chickens with our heads cut off. It is hard to keep our days organized or even keep ourselves sane! Here are some things we like to do to make sure we have good, productive days:




H E R :



Wake up early
Don't sleep in! Sleeping in messes up the rest of your day. It makes you feel lazy and groggy. Think how much more unproductive you are when you sleep in until 10 am. When I sleep in all I want to do is watch Netflix the rest of the day.




15 min clean up

There is nothing I hate more than coming home to a dirty house. Before you start your homework or eat dinner spend 15 minutes cleaning! Pick up your clothes, clean some dishes, and make your bed. This will make a world of difference. Your life will feel more organized if you are.



Write about your day
I have been writing a little bit about my day in a journal every day for almost three years. This has been one of my best decisions. I could write a whole post about how much my life has been rewarded through journaling! For me it is such a great way to unwind and think about the important things that happened through out your day. My favorite journals are from Rifle Paper Co.




H I M :




Go to the gym
A few years ago I cam across this Huffington Post article on how working out will improve your grades. I didn't believe it to be honest. I thought there are not enough hours in the day to do homework, sleep, have a social life, AND go to the gym. After organizing my time better and making it a priority I can say that it has made a WORLD of difference! I have way more energy and sleep better.





Unwind at the end of the day
This step may feel like it is unimportant or you can skip, but I would have to disagree! You need to take 15 or 20 minutes every day to do something you love. Relax with your favorite tv show, read a book, or even watch some funny FailArmy videos. Something that helps you unwind and enjoy yourself after a long day.





Go to sleep early
People always make fun of married couples, because we go to bed so early and they are not wrong. I love going to bed before midnight! I feel 100x better having a full 8 hours of sleep than even 6 or 7. Make fun of me all you want, but everyone wishes they could go to bed early.


No comments :

Post a Comment