January 4, 2017

him & her: a colorado christmas





H E R :

This year we spent Christmas in Colorado with Curtis' family! 

I took all these pictures with my new Canon Rebel SL1 that Curtis got me for "Christmas". I have been obsessed with it since I started using it at the beginning of December (whoops).

We had a little bit of issues traveling from Idaho. The day we left there was a huge snow storm in Idaho making our flight delayed over 3 hours! On top of that when we finally made it to Colorado our plane had to circle the runway for over an hour, because the conditions were not safe to land. We finally got to the Denver airport almost 5 hours later, just to wait on our checked bag for 2 hours! The weather was so bad that the machine that takes the luggage from the plane to the airport broke. We had to get our bag delivered to our house later the next day. So I was looking pretty rough without my makeup and dry shampoo.

It was a crazy time, but we were happy that we finally made it! When we got there we were able to see our niece, Lydia's dance recital. It was the cutest! I was mostly jealous of her because she looked so cool in her tutu and I never took dance as a kid.

That night we of course saw Rogue One, which was amazing. I'm not obsessed with Star Wars, mostly because I find it really confusing, but wow I really loved this movie.

Monday through Thursday we were up in the mountains in a cabin in Keystone. It was amazing! We went ice skating, sledding, snowmobiling, and walked around Breckenridge! I loved it up there.

Friday I was able to spend some time with some family from my side! We ate a ton, talked a lot, and saw La La Land. Poor Curtis isn't a huge fan of musicals, but I was in love with it. Anything with Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone, I'm sold!

Saturday was Christmas Eve and Curtis' sister Larissa and her husband threw a Hawaiian Christmas Party. Including pina coladas, coconut bras, & even coconut bowling. It was so much fun and I loved how festive they were!

I love having Christmas on a Sunday, because it is a reminder of what this holiday is really about. There is seriously nothing better than being able to spend Christmas (or any holiday) with your spouse. It was a great day!

The day after we hung out with family the whole day going bowling, eating out, walking around IKEA (my favorite), and even having a nerf fight.

Our last full day in Colorado we visited Colorado Springs for most of the day. We walked around down town, visited the Broadmoor Hotel, and the Garden of the Gods. I think my favorite part was visiting the Broadmoor, because it made me feel like a celebrity!

Thank you to everyone that made our trip awesome and we hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas break with family!


H I M :

We spent 12 days in Denver and were able to do a lot of fun things! A Colorado Christmas is always a good idea. Like you read above, getting there was crazy. We brought the blizzard with us from Idaho. I seriously have the worst luck when it comes to airplanes. Don't get me started. 

We finally made it to Colorado and were able to have an awesome time with my family. This past year my parents moved out of my childhood home to Parker, Colorado. My older brother moved back to Colorado and lives in the same neighborhood and Dillon lives with my parents so we are the only ones not within 10 minutes of each other, so it was really nice to see everyone. 

We spent a few days up in the mountains and it was awesome. One of my favorite things we did up there was our family gingerbread contest and getting amazing crepes at Crepe's A La Carte. My gingerbread house wasn't the best, but at least the crepes were delicious!

We were able to spend a day with Hannah's Grandma and a couple of her Aunts from both sides of her family too. Having some of her family in Colorado is great so we can see everyone when we visit. 

The whole trip was amazing! After that crazy snow storm when we first got there, it was like 50 degrees the whole time. I love Colorado weather! 

It was great to celebrate Christmas with close ones. This was Hannah's first Christmas away from home but she was a really good sport! 

All in all, a wonderful trip. It was a little hard to come back to the frozen tundra of Rexburg, but it is nice to be back in my work routine, ready to start an amazing new year! 

























































No comments :

Post a Comment